Monday, March 28, 2005

My weekend

Well, I haven't heard from anyone in a while. It's been quiet in the blogging world. But I will join my computer and break the silence with another post.

Seems like I've been fairly busy lately. I went home last Thursday (I had Friday off since it was Good Friday) and had a great time. It's always crazy at home with so many brothers and sisters and friends to catch up with that you can't please them all. I ended up going to lunch with my college friends on Saturday and spending Saturday evening with part of my family at my sister's house. We played "the traveling game" (ugh!!) and Apples to Apples, which was very interesting. And words of advice: don't watch the greatest from Will Farrell from SNL. Just don't.

Sunday was nice just to spend some family time, have some good food, and watch Carolina (that's UNC, for those of you from SC) make it to the Final Four. As for church in the morning... Don't get me wrong, I love the people in my home church, but it was just missing something for me. I know it shouldn't be what you get out of it - it's about giving yourself in worship to God. But... I don't know. Maybe it's that my heart wasn't fully into it. I have a lot of mixed feelings about Easter anyways. First of all, it's not about Easter (which actually comes from the name of a pagan goddess). Secondly, we're not celebrating eggs and flowers and spring and bunnies. Ugh! It's about the greatest act of love ever. It's about freedom from death. It's about hope and new life. It's about the fulfillment of the old laws. I'm very interested in celebrating "Easter," or the Ressurection as I'm going to call it, when it actually happened, right after Passover. Passover is some time in late April, I think. So... not that we shouldn't celebrate it all the time, I really want to focus on that time on "the 14th day of the first month," as it says in Leviticus, and throughout that week. I think it would even be neat to have a passover meal. There is so much pointing towards Jesus in the Old Testament laws that make it so rich and fulfilling to participate in something like that, knowing the true Lamb that was slain for us!

Anyway, I definitely went on a tangent. But I guess this was in the back of my mind all weekend. If you have any comments or interesting facts about this subject, please feel free to leave me a message. Otherwise, have a great week and I will blog again soon!

|

<< Home